Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health and Well-Being Clinic
Goal of Clinic- “No health without mental health”.
Scope of Clinic-
Full Range of assessment and treatment for mental health and behavioural disorders affecting children, adolescents, young people and families.
- Comprehensive mental health assessment of individual, couple or family system.
- Age-appropriate and situation-specific techniques, example play, art, parent-child game, exploratory, etc used to enhance assessment.
- Psychopharmacological (use of medication) treatment, if appropriate.
- Family/Systemic Therapy treatment, if appropriate.
- Individual Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytical Therapy treatment, if appropriate.
- Hypnotherapy/Hypnoanalysis treatment, if appropriate.
- Cognitive/Behavioural (or combined) Therapy, if appropriate.
- Other therapeutic approaches- example motivational, guided imagery, dream interpretations, psychosexual, mindfulness-based, etc; if appropriate.
- Group Therapy can be considered, if appropriate and feasible, to enhance drama therapy, group learning and modelling techniques.
- Consultation to wider systems and networks on mental health and wellbeing of children, young people and families.
- Training to systems and networks on mental health and wellbeing.
Dr. Jinesh Shah