The Department of Cosmetic, Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at Apollo Hospitals is under the aegis of most experienced & renowned consultants in Ahmedabad and equipped with the latest in terms of Instrumentation, offers a wide range of cosmetic and reconstruction Surgeries. This specialty deals with the healing and restoration of functions from trauma, disease or congenital defects. It also includes aesthetic or cosmetic surgery which corrects or rejuvenates face and body to improve an individual’s appearance.
Facial Cosmetic surgery
- Rhinoplasty: reshape the nose for a more aesthetically desirable appearance.
- Cheek Augmentation: Using fillers, implants, or grafts to contour and angle the cheeks.
- Cheek fat removal (buccal fat pad excision): Removal of fat in the lower cheeks to slim and contour the face.
- Lip augmentation: Temporary or permanent injectables or surgery with or without implants creates fuller, more appealing lips.
- Lip lift: Remove a thin strip of upper lip skin to surgically raise the lip and yield the appearance of a fuller lip.
- Lip reduction: Reduce the size of the upper and / or lower lip by removing a thin strip of tissue.
- Bat ear correction: pinning back of prominent ears or reducing and reshaping overly large or malformed ears.
- FUE method.
- Breast augmentation: Enlarge and contour breasts with surgical implants; for inherently small-breasted women, women desiring larger breasts, and after pregnancy or nursing.
- Breast lift / mastopexy: Remove excess skin and raise the nipple for perkier, fuller breasts; to counteract gravity, loss of elasticity, and sagging.
- Breast reduction: Remove excess skin, breast, and fatty tissue for smaller, shapely breasts, and to reduce back and neck strain.
- Nipple and/or areola reduction: Remove excess skin and tissue of the nipple and / or areaola to provide a more aesthetic appearance.
- Nipple inversion repair: Flat or inverted nipples can be surgically corrected through a small incision around the areola.
- Breast reduction (gynecomastia): Male breast tissue can be removed surgically by cutting, or with liposuction.
Hands & Microsurgery
- The department offers a range of surgeries for patients suffering from birth deformities like cleft lip, cancer and replantation and revascularization of extremities for trauma patients.
- Micro surgery is a sub-specialty performed with the aid of a microscope on structures that are barely visible to the naked eye. This sub-specialty mainly deals with ‘Replantations’ (reattaching severed parts of the limb).
- Advanced Craniofacial Surgeries, Faciocranial and Maxillofacial Surgeries for cases of Tumors, Trauma, Developmental and Birth Defects.
- Surgeries for healing wounds.
- Surgeries for treating Burns cases.
Dr. Srikant Lagvankar
Dr. Kamlesh Wadhwani