Interventional radiology is a medical sub-specialty of radiology which utilizes minimally-invasive image-guided procedures to diagnose and treat diseases in nearly every organ system. The concept behind interventional radiology is to diagnose and treat patients using the least invasive techniques currently available in order to minimize risk to the patient and improve health outcomes.
As the inventors of angioplasty and the catheter-delivered stent, interventional radiologists pioneered modern minimally-invasive medicine. Using X-rays, CT, ultrasound, MRI, and other imaging modalities, interventional radiologists obtain images which are then used to direct interventional instruments throughout the body. These procedures are usually performed using needles and narrow tubes called catheters, rather than by making large incisions into the body as in traditional surgery.
Many conditions that once required surgery can now be treated non-surgically by interventional radiologists. By minimizing the physical trauma to the patient, peripheral interventions can reduce infection rates and recovery time, as well as shorten hospital stays.
128 Slice CT Scanner – is a single source 128 slice CT scanner that integrates innovative technologies designed to cover routine imaging to advanced applications in Trauma, Cardiac and Neurovascular imaging.
This 128 slice scanner has a unique low dose feature called SAFIRE (Sinogram Affirmed Iterative Reconstruction), which is also the world’s first raw-data based iterative reconstruction that helps achieve dose reduction of up to 60% for all organs and all types of patients (obese, children or old patients). Other features like Ultra Fast Ceramics (UFC), Care Dose4D and CARE Bolus ensure high quality scans at lowest radiation
- Liver cancer treatment with bead chemoembolisation.
- Percutaneous abscess drainage- CT Guided.
- Treatment of slipped disc and sciatica pain with ct guided ozone nucleolysis.
- Treatment of massive bleeding from GI Tract, hemoptysis and hematurial (Post-PCNL or Post Renal Trauma)
- Treatment of vasclar tumours like hemangiomas with embolisation.
- Treatment of uterine fibroids by UFE-uterine fibroid embolisation.
- CT guided difficult access biopsies from hila of lungs, pancreas, paraaortic nodes and adrenal and pelvic organs.
- Treatment of aneurysnal bone cysts by transarterial embolisation.
- Renal and iliac angioplasty and stenting.
- Transjugular intrahepatic porto-systemic shunt(TIPSS)
- Treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms with aaa stent grafts.
- PTBD- Percutaneous Biliary Drainage.
- Transjugular hepatic biopsy.
- Radiofrequency ablation of varicose veins (new introduction).
Dr. Sandip Shah
Dr. Paresh Shah
Dr. Nishith Chaudhary
Dr. Tapan Patel
Dr. Jitendra Parmar
Dr. Bhumi Angirish