Find a Doctor
Dr Jinesh Shah
Child, Adolscent & Family Psychiatry
Apollo Main & Apollo City Centre
CCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (UK).
CCT in General Adult Psychiatry (UK).
Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Psychiatry from University of Leeds (UK).
Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy Training at Birmingham Trust for Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy (UK).
Cert Hyp (UK)- Certificate in Evidence Based Hypnotherapy.
Merits and Distinctions
Distinction in First Year and Merit in Second Year at PG Diploma in Clinical Psychiatry from University of Leeds.
Honors in 2nd Prof MBBS Exams in the subject of Community Medicine.
Honors in 3rd Prof MBBS Exams in the subject of Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology.
Clinical Experience (includes working in UK, USA and India)
Consultant Child, Adolescent and Family Psychiatrist experience in various NHS Trusts in UK including South London and Maudsley NHS Trust, Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Trust, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Trust.
Experience of working in both Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and General Adult Psychiatry.
Experience of working in Tier 4 Inpatient Children and Adolescent Unit.
Experience of Specialist Teams like Early Intervention in Psychosis, Forensic Psychiatry, Substance Misuse, Learning Disability.
Special Interest experience gained in various modalities like-
- Psychosexual Clinic.
- Sleep Disorder Clinic.
- National Deaf CAMHS.
- Liaison Psychiatry including Chronic Fatigue service.
- National Gender Disorder service.
- Youth Offending Service.
- Perinatal (Mother and Baby) Service.
- Eating Disorder Service.
- Brain Injury Unit.
Management and Service Development experience of setting up a Single Point of Access Team, providing consultation to GP, Schools, Children’s Services, and other Tiers 1 and 2 services.
Specialist Registrar experience in Higher Training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in West Midlands Deanery.
Specialist Registrar experience in Higher Training in General Adult Psychiatry in London Deanery.
Psychological Therapy Experience
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Systemic family therapy.
- Group Therapy.
- Parent-Child Game.
- Under-Five therapy.
- Ward based community group.
- Art psychotherapy workshop.
- Experiential group.
- Management and Leadership Course at Warwick University.
- Various experiences example being a reviewer in accreditation visits, National project on Payment by Results, etc.
Research and Publication
- Working with Royal College of Psychiatrists Research Unit.
- I have worked with various Electronic Patient Record Systems like RIO, PARIS, JADE, e-PJS. I have been involved with RIO and PARIS systems development projects.
- I have obtained ECDL Level 1 (European Computer Driving License).
- Experience of conducting Balint’s Psychotherapy Case Discussion Groups for junior doctors in Isle of Wight NHS Trust.
- Experience of teaching junior doctors, Core Psychiatry Trainees, Foundation Trainees. GP/VTS trainees.
- Experience of doing psycho-education groups for patients, parents and carers.
- Experience of teaching medical students from Imperial College London, Barts Medical School London, Birmingham Medical School, Warwick Medical School, Leicester-Warwick Medical School, Leeds-Bradford Medical School, Southampton Medical School.
- Experience of also conducting MBBS Exams Practical at Leicester Warwick Medical School.
- Completed ‘Teaching the Teacher’/’Teaching the Trainer of Tomorrow’ course.