Find a Doctor
Dr. Lakshmansinh Khiria
MBBS, MS, MCh (GI Surgery)
Ahmedabad & City Center Ahmedabad
Fellowships / Memberships / Work Experiences
- Obtained medical education with multiple medals from Dr SN Medical College, Jodhpur and completed post-graduation in General Surgery from the same institute. Subsequently, joined the department of gastrointestinal surgery and worked as senior resident, GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi. Obtained super-specialty training (MCh) in gastrointestinal surgery and liver transplantation from country’s première tertiary care referral medical center, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Thereafter, Joined Asian Institute of Gastroenterology Surgery, Ahmedabad as consultant gastrointestinal and bariatric surgeon. In the year 2008 obtained fellowship in hepato-pancreatico-biliary (HPB) and liver transplantation surgery from Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea.
- Performing all kinds of complex gastrointestinal procedures including all types of basic and advanced laparoscopic surgeries, esophagectomies (THE and TTE), esophageal reconstructions, colonic interpositions, gastrectomies, gastric reconstructions, Sleeve Gastrectomies, Roux-en-Y Bypass, Lap Band, pancreatic and hepatobiliary resections, necrosectomies and operative procedures for chronic pancreatitis, various types of shunt surgeries for portal hypertension and Budd-Chiari syndrome, colorectal resections and reconstructions, IPAA etc.
Areas of Specialization
- Gastrointestinal Surgery and Liver Transplantation
Awards and Achievements
- Received best paper prize in Indian Association of Surgical-gastroenterology conference (IASGCON) 2005, PGI, Chandigarh.
- Smt. Tara Bai Mehta gold medal in general surgery (MBBS).
- Dr. J. Bhandari gold-medal in medicine (MBBS).
- Rekha Agrawal Memorial gold-medal in ophthalmology and ENT (MBBS).
- Dr. J. Bhandari gold-medal for scoring the highest marks in the batch 1992 (MBBS).