Patients with paralysis, stroke, trauma, cancer, heart disease, surgery etc. Can be left with some form of disability, which can be in the form of physical, psychological, or social disability. A structured multi-disciplinary approach can help such patients get back to normal. This centre offers support to such patients by maximizing the ability of the person to function optimally within the limitations placed upon them by a disease process.
Rehabilitation of sensory and cognitive function typically involves methods for retraining neural pathways or training new neural pathways to regain or improve neurocognitive functioning that has been diminished by disease or traumatic injury.
- For various orthopaedic disorders like fractures, sprains, strains, arthritis, pre & post surgical care and acute & chronic pain management.
- For various neurological disorders such as stroke, brain tumors, spinal cord injury, paraplegia, neurosurgical conditions as well as neuromuscular diseases.
- Provides education and training helping patients regain independence in their daily activities.
- Assess and treat patients with developmental impairments.
- Rehabilitation of communication
- Speech training
- Enhancement of communication
- Nutrition counselling
- Improvement & maintenance of patient’s strength & energy
- Nutritional advice for faster recovery
- Boost morale and motivate patients
- Aid patients to improve their quality of life
- Help patients cope with psychological impact of disease
- Counselling and testing done by psychologists to identify depression and other mental illnesses
Pain & Palliative Care
- Pain management
- End of life care
- Effective counselling