Find a Doctor
Dr. Chirag A Shah
Hemato Oncology & Stem Cell Transplantation
Apollo CBCC Cancer Care
- MD Medical Oncology (USA)
- MD Hematology (USA)
- MD Internal Medicine (USA)
- Diplomate American Board of Medical Oncology
- Diplomate American Board of Hematology
- Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
Fellowships / Memberships / Work Experiences Member American Society of Clinical Oncology
Member American Society of Hematology
Member Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
- Stem Cell Transplant/Bone Marrow Transplant – One Hundred and Six (106) – Stem Cell Transplants for various Hemato-Oncological Diseases
- Breast Cancer – Special Interest and Training Head and Neck, Gastrointestinal, Liver, Lung Cancers.
- Author of a series on Breast Cancer and GastroIntestinal Cancers
- Preoperative Chemotherapy, Non Chemotherapy Medicines, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Hypercoagulable States, ICU Hematology, Anemia, Thrombocytopenia and Aplastic Anemia
Awards and Achievements
- Gold Medal (Active management of labour) by Obs & Gynae society Dublin Nov 2007
- Chikista Ratan Award :- International study circle New Delhi Aug 2007
- Godrej Saki No 1 Award :- Godrej and Jai Hind Press Ahmedabad Oct 2007
- First and only doctor in Gujarat with American Board Certification in both Adult Hematology and Medical Oncology – seven years of continuous training in USA at premier institutes.
- First and only successful Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant in private sector in Gujarat
- First and only successful Autologus Stem Cell Transplant for Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Gujarat.
- First successful treatment of Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia and Thrombosis, with direct thrombin inhibitor lepirudin
- Instrumental in setting up the First comprehensive private cancer center in Ahmedabad.
- Established First certificate course for Hematology training in Gujarat.
- First and only private hematology-oncology clinic with a trained counselor to help patients cope with diagnosis of cancer, and various treatment related issues.
- First to offer truly Multidisciplinary Opinion and Treatment to patients – Patients get input from a Team of all 3 cancer treatment specialists i.e. Medical Oncologist, Surgical Oncologist and Radiation Oncologist, providing Best Chance of Cure/Results
- At present, Director, Department of Hematology, Oncology, and Stem Cell Transplant, Apollo Hospitals International, Ahmedabad.
- Chief Medical Resident at Wayne State University, Michigan for one year.
- Given several presentations/speeches/teaching sessions at various forums in India.
- Author of several articles for lay press on cancer awareness and education.
- Working on Joint Projects with US University.
- Co-Principal Investigator for an ongoing, since 2001, National Cancer Institute, U.S.A. funded prospective, randomized clinical trial examining the effects of yoga on quality of life in breast cancer patients
- Moadel, A., Shah, C., Patel, S., Wylie-Rosett, J., Siedlecki, H., Porcelli, T., Kolidas, E., Sparano, J. (2003, May-June). Randomized Controlled Trial of Yoga for Symptom Management During Breast Cancer Treatment. Paper presented at the oral session of 39th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, Chicago, IL.
- Faculty teaching performance-a comparative analysis of an open and anonymous evaluation process. Chirag Shah, Nelia Afonso, Anil Aranha, Lavoisier Cardozo. J Gen Int Med. 1999;14(Suppl 2):154.
- Grand round – Non Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, an overview and current advances, at Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center, New York, USA
- Oral presentation – A case of Rhabdomyosarcoma, presented at Michigan state ACP meeting
- Poster presentation – A case of Fusobacterium necrophorum causing bilateral pneumonia, presented at regional ACP meeting in Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Several presentations on various topics of Hematology and Oncology, at Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Several talks on various topics of Oncology and Hematology in different forums in India.