Find a Doctor
Dr. Vishal Choksi
Head & Neck Surgery, Oncology ( Surgical )
Diplomate of American Board of Surgery
Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology (Memorial – Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York)
Fellowship accredited by the American Head & Neck Society
- Minimally Invasive Video-Assisted Thyroid Surgery (MIVATS) from University of Pisa, Italy (2009)
- Transoral Laser Surgery of the Larynx from European Institute of Oncology, Italy (2009)
Fellowships / Memberships / Work Experiences
- American College of Surgeons
- American Head and Neck Society
- Internship, General Surgery – North Shore University Hospital, New York (2000 to 2001).
- Residency, General Surgery – Maimonides Medical Center, Brookly, New York (2001 to 2006) & Chief Resident (2005 to 2006).
- Fellow, H & N Surgery under Dr. Jatin Shah, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York (2006 to 2008).
- Instructor, Department of Surgical Oncology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York (2006 to 2008).
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, New York (Joint appointment 2006 to 2007).
- Junior Lecturer, Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute, Ahmedabad (2010 to 2011).
- Head & Neck Surgery
- Thyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Tumors
- Cancers of the Oral Cavity, Oropharynx, Hypopharynx
- Cancer of the Larynx (Voice Box)
- Malignant Tumors of the Skull Base and Sinonasal Cavity
- Recipient of National Institute of Health (USA) T32 Training Grant
- Conducted and participated in several clinical trials, observing effects of Cigarette Smoke
- CK2 Inhibitors abrogate Tobacco Smoke medicated activation of Arly Hydrocarbon Receptor in Human Pre-Malignant Epithelia Cells – presented at American H & N Society, International Meeting, San Francisco July 2008 – Choksi V, DuB, Kaker A, Bocker J, Boyle J –
- Effects of Cigarette Smoke on the Human Oral Transcriptome – Boyle JO, Gumus Z, Choksi V et al (Cancer Prevention Research March 2010)
- Do Squamous Cell Carcinomas of the Buccal Mucosa involving the overlying skin require a Comprehensive Neck Dissection -V Choksi, presented at American H&N Society Meeting, Chicago April 2011
- Abstract Presentation at Gujarat Society of Head and Neck Oncology, 2007